Finally, a day "off", meaning catch up with housework, the garden and bills & visit the sites/blogs I love www.spaces.msn.com/oasisinspace which details those while CSPAN hearings play in the background..we live in exciting times. I am grateful for the day-sunny and windy on the Bay-my family is off to Hatteras and Edisto this week and I tried to join them last night but my car said NO..turned around and Ever so grateful for that move as they are having gale warnings there...well, more than warnings-getting sandblasted on the beach. But I was frustrated about it so took a walk on the Bayshore/San Domingo Creek which my daughter-in-law's concern (Enviromental Concern) planted with grasses last spring-it worked, my beaches are "gone"..today it was filled with "intruders"-herons, egrets, deer, terns, turtles..so alive with jubilant wildlife-their turf is so minimal here as development has run wild in the past 20 years AND that beachfront has a huge new sign advertising 16 waterfront lots (1/2 acre) starting at 745,000..give me a break...the critters and meself are grateful for the recession-not wishing ill on anyone, my re-fi is a mess, sold 5 times and I'm now owned by Indymac-who I hear has failed-so who gets my 1500. a month....what stinkin' ever..I'm just grateful for shelter..me and the critters hunkering in. When I was in my fright mode I thought why am I watering this demanding floral explosion garden (should have planted more edibles-we're in a bit of a drought) But the birds, hummingbirds, butterflies, moths, bees, squirrels and rabbits are having a grand time..it's a good thing.
Kaleidescopic explosion-I have a new muse-JM at Raging Universe- how does she(?) do it-for months I could not grok gender until she said "cowgirl"-we have Colorado in common...Oh, how I miss the mountains/long view, and this she provides beyond measure..her latest post, the dice one, sent me off on this....we have 700 billion ways to work....
My old pal, LG of LF wrote another great song "I've got 20 million things to do, 20 million things"...I seem to sing it a lot-not the most pos of tudes, but now I have a new mantra... we have 700 billion ways to work (play/imaginate-as Mad's would say). I sing it to 20M tune.. which reminds me of another pal, Jimmy Hall of Wet Willie-his songs rocked/transformed me old "nuthouse" in Salem, Va..... DGMS
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment